Associated Host Pages

Elena

Question

As part of account and app management, is there a way to get a consolidated report of all the associated host pages of Caspio datapages? Is it possible at all?

I need to do some spring cleaning of my apps and remove datapages that are not being used (even though deployed) and are taking valuable real estate in my account. This is part of my effort to put some sense of structure in the apps.

Some of the datapages were created as drafts and were put in the back burner, never to be heard from again. Although I did use some uniform nomenclature to identify which ones are drafts and which ones are being used and deployed, I get overwhelmed at the sight of about 400 datapages that I need to check one by one, because I feel that I still need to check them even though they are named as draft - just in-case there are host pages associated with them.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Hello Elena,

How many host pages do you have? I mean, if there are not too many pages, you can try doing the following steps:

1) Export all your DataPages with dependencies. If you delete the correct DataPage, you can restore it with import.

2) Open all you host pages and write down AppKeys of all DataPages that are used.

If you use the Embedded Deployment method

<div id="id"><a href="URL" target="_blank">Online Database</a> by Caspio</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="URL"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">try{f_cbload("AppKey","http:");}catch(v_e){;}</script>
<div id="cxkg"><a href="URL?AppKey=AppKey">Click here</a> to load this Caspio <a href="http://www.caspio.com" title="Online Database">Online Database</a>.</div>

3) Open the list of your DataPages, and add the "AppKey" column and increase the width of the column to display all AppKeys (often last symbols are not displayed with default width).

4) Now you can easily find DataPages that are used on host pages and mark them.

5) Then you can disable all DataPages that are not marked and open again all pages of your site. If an error message will be displayed instead of a DataPage - you can easily enable the DataPage.

I would recommend you wait a week (maybe, anybody else finds the error message instead of a DataPage), and then delete DataPages that are not used.

I hope, it helps.