Structure Help

css3238

Question

Please Disregard. Thanks

HI all, and thanks in advance for the help (and apologies for the length).

I am making a political campaign management system that will track volunteers and voters (primarily). There will be an unknown number of candidates I will support (the more the merrier), but each candidate will have four user groups, plus there is a fifth system admin group that will be able to access everything. Candidates and their volunteers will be able to search for individual and groups of voters to flag them as possible voters or volunteers.

I only want each candidate and their respective volunteers to have access to voters in their district. Of course some candidates will need to access the same voter because of districts inside of each other (think a House of Representatives running in a part of a state where a Senator is also running state wide).

So far I have created folders for the DataForms as they relate to my user groups, but I get a little turned around on how to filter results of their search. Each candidate is in a Candidates table and has a unique ID. Each voter record has multiple possible fields that can be chosen (city ward, county ward, state house, state senate, etc). My first thought was to give each candidate a "District" field and put whatever the matching data was and then use RLS to match to the right field, but since you have to pull from the authentication table, does that mean I have to put that data in for each user in the authentication table? I'm just a little bit turned around on this. Thanks!

1 answer to this question