Using Wordpress Login For Caspio Too

LyaP

Question

I noticed a topic from 2013 with this question but there didn't seem to be a consensus.

My site is on Wordpress and we are currently using a Wordpress login. This is great because it has the ability to allow certain tabs to show up based on the login credentials, however...it requires a completely different login for Caspio. We need our users to be able to favorite things, ask for updates on things, and to be able to track their movements within Caspio so we need them to login to Caspio. 

I'm not very experienced with coding, aside from a lot of copy pasting JavaScript and making minor HTML tweaks, so is there a way for me to login to Wordpress and use those credentials to automatically login to Caspio as well?

The simpler the language the better, thank you so much for taking a look!

1 answer to this question

On 6/6/2016 at 6:50 PM, LyaP said:

This is great because it has the ability to allow certain tabs to show up based on the login credentials

I address it this way: I have a few Caspio user classes, say user, superuser, admin. All datapages that use the "user" authentication, are embedded on wordpress "User" template-based Pages. The User template, in turn calls a specific WP "User" menu. So I have 3 authentications, 3 Page templates, and 3 menus.

Finally, and I'm embarassed to say it: since these WP menus are NOT behind Caspio authentication, public users who guess a URL of one of your pages could see the menu, but obviously not the datapage embedded on the page. Still, I don't like that, so I have a script that looks for a DIV in my authentication form, and if present, hides the WP nav with CSS. Pretty nasty, and not really that effective, but it beats using 3 Caspio datapages for 3 menus.