Map Mashup

RobertJay

Question

I'm having trouble displaying a Google map on my Weebly site via Caspio's map mashup plugin. I believe I'm understanding and correctly following the relevant video and online help, but one specific issue is confusing me. It has to do with embedding the very first resulting embed code "before the main data-page code". I've done this two separate ways, both without success. First, I created two separate Weebly embed widgets and pasted the map code into the first (top) widget and the data-page code into the second (bottom) widget. And the second way was to add a single Weebly embed widget and paste the map code on top and the data-page code right below it. 

Bottom line is that I can't seem to display any map anywhere in the resulting app, and in my resulting table two columns are added with a large amount of html code. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

UPDATE: I'm adding a picture which shows a possible problem. In a tutorial video there is a need mentioned to select certain advanced options as shown on the top. But in my app shown at the bottom those options do not appear so were not selected. What do you think is happening? Thanks agaibn.

map_problem.png

Edited by RobertJay
Added a picture

5 answers to this question

i find solution for you and me

please read below 

The error you see occurs if you are using the Google Maps API on localhost or your domain and it was not active prior to June 22nd, 2016, it will require a key going forward. To fix this problem, please do the following steps: 

1.) Create an API key: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key#get-an-api-key

2.) Populate the key in the optional api key section of script below. 

3.) <script src="//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp&sensor=false&key=YOUR_API_KEY" async="" defer="defer" type="text/javascript"></script>

4.) Place this in above map code on deployed page.(where you wirte ---- <div id="map"></div>)

Please let me know if this helped. 

Hi, also just to add an additional information, Google now restricts the rate which non-geocoded addresses can be plotted on a map (approximately 10 addresses per second). And, Google API key needs to have a billing enabled (though you will not be charged) to fully access the Geocoding API that you will place in the map. You also need to enable this two:

1. Geocoding API 

2. Maps Javascript API