Parameter transfer

jasondawdy0503

Question

I am very new to Caspio,   I am having trouble figuring the best way to link 2 different databases.  One is a list of applications and info of the person and the other is the info I enter if I hire them.  My solution was a button on the application from the first database that opens up the second application and passes parameters of record number, name, email, and phone.  Problem:   If the employee changes their phone number and I enter it into the second data base the next time I open the second with the first it re-passes the parameter and overwrites the new phone number.  Ideas?

3 answers to this question

You do not need to pass all information over to the second page. Let's say you have:

1- Application: userID (unique)

2- EmployeeInfo: userID

From Application table you can create  a report to search for user and click on the link to add employee info to it. All you need to pass if userID and since it is unique in Application you can get the rest of the information from this table. Later if you need to create a report that shows info about this user from both table you can create a view to join them based on userID