Passing parameters from outside website not working

prashanth

Question

I followed the Caspio instructions to change the html request to pass in the parameters but it does not seem to work.

I am trying to capture them using the Web form as external parameters. I have double checked it over and it is exactly as in the instructions for passing Query parameters in Caspio.

Is the Web form capable of handling external parameters from HTML? If I click on a link on Wix and call the Web form this should be straightforward. It should be able to capture the parameters but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

15 hours ago, prashanth said:

I followed the Caspio instructions to change the html request to pass in the parameters but it does not seem to work.

I am trying to capture them using the Web form as external parameters. I have double checked it over and it is exactly as in the instructions for passing Query parameters in Caspio.

Is the Web form capable of handling external parameters from HTML? If I click on a link on Wix and call the Web form this should be straightforward. It should be able to capture the parameters but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Hi, as far as I understand, you use wix site builder. Wix deploys caspio datapages in iframe, that's why you can't pass parameters there. I think  this post can be helpful.  Consider changing site builder if it works for you.

Mathilda,

I am using Wix site builder. I believe it was working at one point but it is not consistent. I am using an image on Wix as a link, so when the user clicks on the image an http request is generated. I just appended caspio specific parameters to the end per the instructions to call the Caspio web form. Is there any other way to get around the iFrame issue as a second option? But I would like to first make this option work. It should work as a Query String as Caspio describes.

Thanks.