Membership Site & Caspio Login

neilcovert

Question

4 answers to this question

On 12/3/2016 at 1:54 PM, neilcovert said:

I'm designing a membership website.   If I want to have website pages that do not have any Caspio data pages deployed - but have other information and offerings that are for member's only - is it possible with Caspio to restrict access to those pages using Caspio's login credentials?

Thanks.

Neil

Hi Neil, you need to use datapages anyway. Authentication can be associated only with a datapage.

E.g. you may place content in an HTML datapage, apply authentication and deploy the datapage in your website. This way information in the datapage will be available only for authenticated users.

hope it helps

Thanks Mathilda.

One follow-up question:  Let's say I already have a generic web page with some information already on it - but I want to protect it with authentication.  Could I create a data page in Caspio and then deploy it on part of that generic page?  Would that generic page then be protected with authentication?

Neil

8 hours ago, neilcovert said:

Thanks Mathilda.

One follow-up question:  Let's say I already have a generic web page with some information already on it - but I want to protect it with authentication.  Could I create a data page in Caspio and then deploy it on part of that generic page?  Would that generic page then be protected with authentication?

Neil

Hi Neil, 

Yes, all the information will be authenticated if you specify designated entry page in authentication. You need to create a login screen, deploy it on your webpage and specify URL of the login screen in designated entry page.  You may specify this setting in "Timeout and redirection" part of the Advance settings in authentication.

So, when user opens a webpage with datapage, he will be redirected to the login screen where he has to login. Only after that he will be able to see authenticated webpage.