Disable inline edit

On 12/26/2016 at 9:26 AM, bookish said:

Happy holidays again!  Is it possible to disable inline edits if field status is WAITLISTED? The inline edit for that particular field is a dropdown. Thanks!

Hi, Happy Holidays!

As far as I know, it's not possible, however there are several workarounds:

- you may filter records to exclude records with WAITLISTED status. This will let you show and edit only records with other statuses.

- allow editing records on details page. Add a virtual field, make it hidden and onload receive data source field "Status". After that create a rule:

Criteria: When value in virtual field equal to "WAITLISTED" 

Action: Make status field "Display only"

You can find more information regarding conditional forms here

Hope that helps :)

Thanks a lot for replying! :D

As I cannot choose your option number 1 for some reasons, I did yesterday something similar to your option#2. I disabled inline editing, then allowed details page where I put status field under a new section. Then I placed a rule that if status is waitlisted, hide section 2.

• 5 years later...

Hi there, I was just browsing and wanted to provide you this information I learned from Caspio. I have an issue with my Tabular Datapage a few months back and I was trying to enable the inline edit options. However, I am unable to do so because it is disabled. Then, I discovered and one of the Support from Caspio provided me that when using a View as a data source, the inline edit option is expected to be disabled. So, they suggested to check my View configuration and select only one Table to be editable. From there, I was able to use the inline options. 

These are the articles that you can refer to: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/what-are-views/views/ and https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/data-editing-options-in-reports/ 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...