Electronic Signature Pad capture in Caspio

Any thoughts or comments about how an electronic signature pad could be interfaced with a Caspio database.

We are trying to build a concierge app which will allow clients to sign-in / sign-out parcels using an electronic signature pad and then store to captured signatures in the Caspio database for later retrieval/confirmation.

Thanks in advance,

..Stephen

• 1 year later...

I need this feature also. I have emailed Caspio and basically begged them to make this feature available. Please implement a signature capture that can be saved on my data page. I would also like a photo capture where my technician can take a picture of the damage and have it submitted to my data page.

Is this possible with Caspio?

I have free apps that can be downloaded to Iphones and to Android devices which can do both of these. However I do not know how to implement them into Caspio. Is it possible?

Hello,

Your requested has been submitted to our feature request list on 02/17/2012 01:02:11 AM and I added another comment to it to speed it up. We are committed to continually improving our product and expanding our standard feature set. You can also request feature or report bugs at http://forums.caspio.com/viewforum.php?f=7. The more request we get the sooner we will add it as a standard feature. The feature request ID for this case is 14733.

If you would like to let users upload an image to your page, you can add a file field to the table. Please follow this tutorial which explains the steps:   http://howto.caspio.com/files-and-images/uploading-files-and-images/%C2'>

Regards,
NKamalan

• 2 years later...

Yes, you can upload pictures to e.g. a service report.  E.g. we have an equipment repair app and I added in the Service Table a File field.  The technician goes to create a service report and is able to upload a picture.  Pretty handy, especially if you have the same problem come up in the future, you can easily go back and verify via pictures.

I also concur about a signature.  I would think there would be a way like in Adobe to electronically sign a document after verifying the user and either putting a text version of the signature with "Verified" or possibly uploading an image of the person's actual signature.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone added a digital signature field to a submission form, as written in this Caspio post:

http://forums.caspio.com/index.php/topic/4693-js-adding-a-digital-signature-to-a-submission-form/

I've tried this on two different websites and did exactly what is written but for some reason, I can't get the signature box to work. 

This is a test site where I have set up a submission form with a digital signature:
http://www.reduceincidents.co/dominique/index.html

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. 
Has somebody this digital signature working?

Thanks so much for your help,
Dominique

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/24/2016 at 10:43 PM, spazz1421 said:

Is there anyway to add 2 signature fields to the form?

You would have to create another 64,000 text field (with a different name), and copy the code for the purpose of the other signature box. But not directly copy, there is some code you can re-use. I would suggest requesting professional help, if you do not know much JS or HTML.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2016 at 6:43 PM, spazz1421 said:

Is there anyway to add 2 signature fields to the form?

I know that it's late but for future reference, you can follow the steps in this link to collect 2 signature fields in one form:

Regards,

kristina 

• 1 year later...