Show event every day of date range in Calendar Datapage

normindr

Question

9 answers to this question

Hello,

Here are some steps for you to try:

-You need to have two date/time fields in your table.

-Since you want to have start and finish time, you have to create date and time for start date and similarly, date and time for end date.

-Create a submission form which will have fields for date, and time as in article: http://howto.caspio.com/datapages/creat ... parts.html

-Please change the variable names in javascript added in footer accordingly.

-Then in report datapage(which uses same data source as in submission form), we can get difference of minutes.

-In order to do this, insert 'Calculated field' in 'Configure Results Page Fields'.

-Add the following function in there: Datediff(minute,[@field:date_1],[@field:date_2]) where date_1 and date_2 are the name of the fields that you would like to get the difference from.

Calculate days, hours, and minutes using diffDate functions:

cast (Datediff(day, [@field:StDate], [@field:EndDate]) as varchar)+' days,'+

cast (Datediff(hour, [@field:StDate], [@field:EndDate])%24 as varchar)+' hours,'+

cast (Datediff(minute, [@field:StDate], [@field:EndDate])%60 as varchar)+ ' minutes'

Also , look at this document:

Please take a look at this document:

http://howto.caspio.com/datapages/form- ... pdate.html.

Thanks.

Sorry for the earlier reply. I read your question again and here is a reply that gives you few options.

1. The simple way is to submit the event manually for each successive day however this solution usually is not desired if the events are spanning several consecutive days therefore you want to submit the event only once specifying the start and end date. However this requires custom programming to trigger the multiple record submission for each date range input.

2. If the dates are apart (not within a range) then an option would be to submit multiple events dates into multiple date fields. In this case you need multiple date fields, and a custom program similar to the one above will trigger multiple record submission upon the initial record input. The drawback in this case is that there will have to be a fixed number of dates (no more than 10).

3. Both options above involves custom programming by Caspio and therefore additional cost. The standard option which does not involve any custom coding is to submit every single event date. In this case, your Submit Events form should pass and receive the repetitive info as parameters so user does not need to repeat the same event info each time. You can achieve this by customizing the confirmation page message to have a link i.e. "Want to add another event date?" which links you back to the form passing the repeating info parameters, and all user needs to do is to change the date. In this case, there is no limit to how many times someone can add an event date.

Option 1 and 2 requires custom programming in the back-end.

On 12/7/2011 at 11:49 AM, Bangalore said:

Do you have updated instructions for this? I used your tips to calculate the number of days (thank you!) but now how do I get the calendar entry to span those days on the calendar report? The links you provided no longer work. thanks!

I believe this event date range can be done by a Trigger. Trigger Actions allow you to create and execute a specified data events (i.e. insert, update or delete) to perform additional data changes
and complex data calculations on the same table and other tables. Check this article for more information: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

You can go to their Support team for further assistance though. They are great when it comes to this! ;)