Pass Parameter To Deteils Report, Using Url Deployment Method

UweTecht

Question

Hi,

I've created a details report "Project Details". In preview the system asks me to input parameter. A soon as I type in the parameter and click apply, the result is as I expect it to be.

BUT: Giving the same parameter via URL (f.e. "?pid=2"), the system doen't answer in the expected way.

Example:

deployment URL is: http://eu1.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=54ac3000213663dc7f704ca39391

If I open this URL the result is the first entry (pid=1)

BUT: if I try to use "http://eu1.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=54ac3000213663dc7f704ca39391?pid=2" the result is still the same, the system doesn't bring the second entry of the table, still the first one.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Uwe

8 answers to this question

Hi Uwe,

Please make sure that on the "Search Type" step, the "Bridge and external parameters" Radio button is checked.

As far as I know, via URL external parameters are passed, so if the "Bridge parameters only" Radio button is checked, the system ignores external parameters.

I hope, it helps.

It's not exactly a solution, but you can take advantage of the fact that sandboxes use the same IDs for fields. Create the field in production and then create a new sandbox. You'll then be able to reference the id for the field in the sandbox without worrying that it'll break once it's deployed. This assumes that you'll need to dynamically pass in the field to the report.

If however, you don't need to dynamically pass in the field to the report, just the filter parameter, just setup the report so it already has the field in place for the first filter and leave the filter value blank. Then you'll only need to pass in the value to the report and you avoid the whole ID issue in the first place.

Of course, if you're willing to go the extra mile, you could use the List call of the metadata api to get the IDs of the Fields programmatically. Then you need to post deploy update the IDs with the correct values for the field you're working with. You can do this with ANT or the Metadata API.