Wanted To Share This Third Party Pdf Generator

GoCubbies

Question

Hello All,

I just wanted to share this link with everyone in case you are looking to create a quick PDF from a DataPage: http://pdfcrowd.com/save-to-pdf/

You can simply add this line of code to create a link to generate a PDF:

<a href="//pdfcrowd.com/url_to_pdf/">Save to PDF</a>

Just wanted to share this with everyone!

That might work for Public datapages, but for Private...

I have been hard-formatting web pages for printing with Chrome. Chrome also allows one to save a page as PDF.

I'm using a Print-friendly style sheet, and custom Caspio style sheets on these data pages to make tables really tight, remove padding everywhere.

By hard-formatting I mean for example that a 775px width is equivalent to an 8.5" page, and will print as it appears on screen without zooming/blurriness.

Also note that Caspio's responsive code for header and footer appear to break print-friendly style sheets.

Hi Aurora and piyali,

I have used this generator.

Please note, that the link does not work in the Preview mode.

Please also note, that you should use the code as it is and click the "Source" button in your HTML Block or Header&Footer element:

<a href="//pdfcrowd.com/url_to_pdf/">Save to PDF</a>

You should do not change anything in the code.

Could you please tell what does not work? Do you see any error message?

Hi Elena,

It's a free PDF generator and they say "The web page must be accessible on the public Internet."

In Compare-Caspio-Plans.pdf, you can find a Premium feature "PDF Reports" that generates a PDF version of tabular reports. I'm afraid, I do not know much about this feature, but you always can ask the Sales department.

Hi Walter, thank you. The one offered by Caspio as part of the plan is for converting results page in tabular form. At least that's what I gathered from their compare plan sheet.

I did ask one of their pros to write a code for me (which I paid) last year, so I can convert my details page into pdf. It worked for a while.

You actually just reminded me (inadvertently) that I should go back to them because said code quit working a few months ago for me.

Hi All, I have used both pdf methods (pdfcrowd and caspio generator) and am very pleased with both. Pdf crowd is nice for "open" datapages but not if there's an authentication. I used a generated autovalue to work around this problem, but there has to be an action to generate it somewhere in the proces. So it works and I was happy to use it. 

Nowadays we have a bigger plan with caspio and I have the generator. It sort of works the same (via link), but now for everything and I have support for questions. Ultimately a much better solution and very happy to get it.  

Pdf crowd however worked fine for me and my customers and I'm glad I had a pdf solution.

Just wanted to add this concept as well, if you want the PDF to trigger automatically, and not have to click a link, try this script in the Header/Footer:

<script>

window.onload=function(){

location.href = "//pdfcrowd.com/url_to_pdf/"

}

</script>

Also if you go to http://pdfcrowd.com/save-to-pdf/ you see other parameters you can add to the URL to customize the PDF

Hi guys,

Great post! For some reasons I can't get pdfcrowd to print data pages- Having read a post earlier, I believe this is due to authentication settings.  It happily converts blank html pages to pdf and omits everything that appear on the embedded datapages.

Is there any other pdf converter that I should be aware of? Somebody mentioned about Caspio's pdf generator. Could somebody point me to that feature please?

Thanks a bunch

Hi Skauntey,

If you send me the URL of your page, that is not assigned with any Authentication and does not use a Search page, I will send you the link to PDF for pdfcrowd.

The PDF Generator generates a PDF version of tabular reports and it's a paid feature if your account is not Corporate. Probably, you better to contact your account manager for details.

Hi Walter 

Thanks for your reply. I have tried pdfcrowd and it did work great earlier. Since all the datapages are authenticated, it only printed blanks with header and footer. 

I will have a chat with my account manager to find out more about PDF Generator. In the mean time I found a handy solution that might buy me some time.

http://forums.caspio.com/index.php/topic/4223-print-button/?hl=print

Thanks

I tried using this and it worked great however it caused 1000's of views on my page and completely consumed all of my bandwidth.

When I realized all of my bandwidth allocation was being used up within a couple of days I contacted Caspio support and they suggested I remove pdfcrowd from my page and see if that fixed the problem. Once I removed it from my datapage everything went back to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem with pdfcrowd? 

Update: I just tried using pdfcrowd again in my datapage and got this message when I clicked the link

Blacklisted URL. Contact us if you believe it is a mistake

Hi there great thread!

I'm new to Caspio and trying to figure out if there's a way to run a PDF report from customer data (before I sign up for an account). However, it seems like the 3rd party solution mentioned above is not working anymore? 

I know there's a PDF Generator with the Caspio Performance plan but we are too still small for that price point. I think Caspio would work for us but without a PDF Generator, we may have to look elsewhere.

Has anyone found a workaround? Or is this 3rd part option still working?

Thanks!

On 4/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, HaveExtra said:

Hi there great thread!

I'm new to Caspio and trying to figure out if there's a way to run a PDF report from customer data (before I sign up for an account). However, it seems like the 3rd party solution mentioned above is not working anymore? 

I know there's a PDF Generator with the Caspio Performance plan but we are too still small for that price point. I think Caspio would work for us but without a PDF Generator, we may have to look elsewhere.

Has anyone found a workaround? Or is this 3rd part option still working?

Thanks!

Very much in the same boat here.  Did you perhaps find a solution that you would be willing to share?