Hide Columns In A Tabular Report In Line Edit

VAP1

Question

Hello,

I have a system that runs in two languages and in some cases I have dropdown menus to select a city in Arabic. The same city is then automatically selected in English in an associated cascading dropdown. This english cascading dropdown is hidden in the form using html blocks as per: http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/how-to-hide-fields-in-datapages/

This information is then displayed in a tabular report that can be inline edited. In this case, if a user changes the city in arabic, the change automatically occurs in english as well. The problem is, i would like to have the english cascading dropdown column hidden in the table, but still function properly.

I have attached a picture which makes things clearer I hope.

post-17876-0-11102300-1429528752_thumb.p

any help on how to hide these table columns would be much appreciated.

7 answers to this question

On 1/6/2017 at 2:39 PM, aam82 said:

You can hide columns in tabular reports via css. The cascading should still work.

#tabular table:nth-of-type(1) td:nth-of-type(4) {display: none;}
#tabular table:nth-of-type(1) th:nth-of-type(4) {display: none;}

4 indicates the column number. 

I think my problem is the same. I have a  tabular report that can be inline edited. The "Personnel" dropdown at inline spossed to insert its ID, but I don't want PersonnelID displayed in the report; instead, I need Personnel name is displayed -since the source is a view of two joined tables, one is Personnel, I expect the name I selected to be appear after the insert. 

I tied the solution above and also tried followings in two html block that was recommended, none did help;

1st html block   <td ="diplay:none;">   or  1st html block   <td style="visibility:hidden;">
and  closed in 2nd html block  via </td> 

I din't try Css solution above because I dont know anything about Css or  relevant experience.  If above answer could be be more descriptive then I can try again. For example, where can I place these css code? Again in same html block?  none helped.

I am a vb developer with very few html experience and helping to my client. So looking for a an urgent help.  I noticed that some of the posts in this forum did not have any answer for years, I hope somone in "Guru" team can help me soon.    I attached picure for my case.

caspioIssue_PersonnelIID.JPG

Hi @VAP1,

Just an update, for new version of Styles and when your DataPage's configuration is set to "enable responsive". Here's the new code:

Header: 

<style>

#target table:nth-of-type(1) td:nth-of-type(5)  {display: none;}
#target table:nth-of-type(1) th:nth-of-type(5)  {display: none;}

</style>

</header>
<div id="target">
<header>

Footer: 

</footer>
</div>
<footer>

Have a good one!

Hi - Just an update, here are the other ways for you to hide column in the Tabular Report:

Without Download/Sort Options:

table[id*='cbTable'] > tbody > tr[class*='cbResultSetTableHeader'] > th:nth-child(1), td[class*='cbResultSetData']:nth-child(1){

display:none !important;

}

With Download/Sort Options:

table[id*='FreezeTabularHeaderObj'] > tr[data-cb-name="header"] > th:nth-child(1), td[class*='cbResultSetData']:nth-child(1), #target table:nth-of-type(1) th:nth-of-type(1), #target table:nth-of-type(2) th:nth-of-type(1){

display:none !important;

}

Replace 1 with the position order of column to be hidden.