Adjusting Layout

ababcock

Question

I am trying to adjust the layout of a submission page. There is a lot of space between the label and the field, which doesn't look very nice. I would like it all to be left aligned, with a small gap between the label and the field. I have tried messing with the field on the datapage as well as in the Style section, but I'm not having much luck. It's probably a quick fix -- can anyone help me out? I'm attaching a screen shot.

post-18151-0-07541700-1444189266_thumb.p

4 answers to this question

Hi abacock,

It seems, you have 4 sections on the page with different number of columns.

I usually set the same number of columns for every section (on your DataPage, I believe, it will be 3 columns) and add empty virtual fields with the following settings:

FormElement = DisplayOnly

Label Position = No Labels

Then in your first line, you can add two empty Virtual fields, in the second, third, and on the last lines - only one.

I know that it isn't the best way, but it works for me.

post-18999-0-82948200-1444286459_thumb.g

This has been a huge pain in the butt for me as well for layouts because sometimes it just looks horrible. 

One way I have gotten around this is by making the label not display for the field (or dropdown or checkbox or etc) and making an html field before it with the label name, then checking "continue element on the same line" under advanced for the HTML box.