Is it possible to have javascript to get data from a virtual field which has the form element cascading text field

Hi,

While being fairly new to javascript. I was wondering if it is possible to do a calculation with a Virtual field which is set up as cascading text field to look up information from a different table. I cannot get it to work while when using a regular text field and the data is put in manually it works.

You can try

<script>
document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit = function(){
document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual1"). value = document.getElementsByName("cascading form element NAME")[0].value;
}
</script>

You need to get the cascading element NAME not the ID (Since cascading ID changes on each page load) and place it there.

• 3 years later...

I would like to do the opposite but am running into issues.  I want to use javascript to set the value of a Virtual field to the referring domain.  I am using the following code in the footer of a datapage.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

<script type="text/javascript">
document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', function (event) {
    var initreferrer = document.referrer;
    document.getElementById("cbParamVirtual7").value = initreferrer;
});
</script>