I Need to Create a "Tally Sheet"

acslakeland

Question

I has been given this task and unfortunatly i cant wrap my brain around how to go about it. I need to create a Tally Sheet. Basically there will be assorted items on a page and i need a simple button that will add (1) to the Qty which should be displayed next to it. Im including a link to a website to demonstrate basically (not exactly) what i want to do. It needs to be as simple on the front end as possible. http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/numeration-tools/online-tally-counter/
All i want to be able to see when deployed is each diff item and a +/- and the total. 

Not even sure if this is something possible or not. Its being used when we purchase products at our facility by a 'buyer' and it will ultimatly keep track of how many of which items were buing so i may; pay the customer we are purchasing them from and add them to our inventory. 

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

2 answers to this question

It sounds like you would like to have a button to increment or decrement the value of an item that you buy and sell. You can do this with Caspio using javascript, but it will involve more steps than the example that you linked, because you first must open an item for editing, then increment/decrement, then close the item to save your edit.

More broadly though, you might want to instead build an Invoicing workflow and an Inventory workflow. The difference is that if you merely change the quantity of your item, you will have no history or paper trail of transactions--just the present value of the item qty.

13 minutes ago, aam82 said:

More broadly though, you might want to instead build an Invoicing workflow and an Inventory workflow. The difference is that if you merely change the quantity of your item, you will have no history or paper trail of transactions--just the present value of the item qty.

Unfortunatly That wouldnt Do What i need. Because i use the tally sheet(which is currently a paper one) to Pay the customer also so they have a copy Of What they sold.