SIngle Update Form Issues-No records found displayed

shannonjwright

Question

Hello,

I have been working on this issue for weeks now and I have even contacted Caspio and scheduled two expert sessions and the issue has not been resolved. I am trying to limit the number of people who can sign up for a training on our website. So if the limit for a training is 15, after the 15th person signs up, I want that training to close and people to no longer be able to sign up for it. I was directed to this url http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-limit-the-number-of-submissions/. I have set up all this to the best of my ability. My problem is that when my submission form is redirected to my single update form, there is a blank webpage. So to our individuals who are signing up, it could almost appear that they didn't sign up. I have tried everything and I'm thinking it could have something to do with parameters? It is set up that you have to have authentication, it is set up with a unique ID, which is eventid, and I did have it where <div style="display:none;"> this html was in the header. Once I took this away, it displays no records found. I have the header saying Thank you for registering, but no records found is displayed underneath that sentence. I have no clue what to do and I am stuck. I've attached what the  the page with no records found looks like.  Please help!

Untitled.png

2 answers to this question

On 10/24/2016 at 0:57 PM, shannonjwright said:

Hello,

I have been working on this issue for weeks now and I have even contacted Caspio and scheduled two expert sessions and the issue has not been resolved. I am trying to limit the number of people who can sign up for a training on our website. So if the limit for a training is 15, after the 15th person signs up, I want that training to close and people to no longer be able to sign up for it. I was directed to this url http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-limit-the-number-of-submissions/. I have set up all this to the best of my ability. My problem is that when my submission form is redirected to my single update form, there is a blank webpage. So to our individuals who are signing up, it could almost appear that they didn't sign up. I have tried everything and I'm thinking it could have something to do with parameters? It is set up that you have to have authentication, it is set up with a unique ID, which is eventid, and I did have it where <div style="display:none;"> this html was in the header. Once I took this away, it displays no records found. I have the header saying Thank you for registering, but no records found is displayed underneath that sentence. I have no clue what to do and I am stuck. I've attached what the  the page with no records found looks like.  Please help!

Untitled.png

That would be most probably because the authentication and the Update Page Authentication has not been set up correctly.

Mess around with >>> Web Form Wizard - Record Identification on the Update Page .

I had the same issue and switched it to "find record through Record Level Security" , then I chose

Identity field in Authentication: : AUTHID 

Matching field in current data source  : AUTHID

and it worked.

If you choose :  Find record through unique ID 

and have a unique email in the table , then you can match the emails vs the authid( autonumber).

If you are using unique email for Authentication, then go to the AUthentication Data Page

choose the email, go to Advanced and ON Exit , Check it. Note the email field

and use the SAME field in >>  Find record through unique ID 

The Other reason could be if in the Update Page

Search and Report Wizard - Select Filtering Fields

You have more than 1 filtering field that does not match up.

Hope this helps.