Radio buttons to select timeframe for graphed data

TMeyer

Question

I am trying to show a pie chart of the sex of the entries by the logged in user. As they enter data, one of the datafields is the individuals sex, I want the user to see how many of their entries are male or female, but I also want them to be able to select the length of time, past week, past month, past year or all records. As soon as I make the search criteria 'X previous days' it makes it hidden and won't let me create radio buttons or a dropdown with the various options. 

Is there a way to have pre defined criteria for displaying graphed data? 

1 answer to this question

16 hours ago, TMeyer said:

I am trying to show a pie chart of the sex of the entries by the logged in user. As they enter data, one of the datafields is the individuals sex, I want the user to see how many of their entries are male or female, but I also want them to be able to select the length of time, past week, past month, past year or all records. As soon as I make the search criteria 'X previous days' it makes it hidden and won't let me create radio buttons or a dropdown with the various options. 

Is there a way to have pre defined criteria for displaying graphed data? 

Hi TMeyer,

You may add a criteria to the date field on a search page to filter records for selected period. User needs to enter two dates - "from" date and "to" date and he'll get records for the selected period. The first criteria should be "Grater than or equal", the second one - "Less than or equal", also you need to select "AND" logical operator between criteria.

Another option - you may create several reports with different predefined criteria (month, past year...) and deploy them in separate webpages or even direct URL in links. However in my opinion it's not the best solution, because  you have to create separate report for each case.

So I would recommend to use the first option with date range.

Hope it helps :)