View with 2 tables - Edit

DoDoTwin

Question

Hello,

I have 2 tables named  "property" and "Rent" joined with Rent.PropertyID and Property_ID

1 property can have multiple rents.

Property Table: Property_ID; Property_Address

Rent Table:  Rent_ID; Property_ID; Rent_Amount

If I create a Tabular form, I will see for example in the result page: Rent_ID = 1; Property_ID = 1; Rent _Amount = $1000.

I will be able to delete, edit and add. But I will see Property_ID =1 and not the Property_Address. For a final user "1"doesn't mean anything.

So, I create a VIEW with the tables "Property" and "Rent". I can see the property Address in the result page. However it's impossible to Edit, Add or Delete.

Is there a solution to edit at least (to change the rent_amount or the property address if it has been inserted by mistake)?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

On 11/7/2016 at 7:21 PM, DoDoTwin said:

Hello,

I have 2 tables named  "property" and "Rent" joined with Rent.PropertyID and Property_ID

1 property can have multiple rents.

Property Table: Property_ID; Property_Address

Rent Table:  Rent_ID; Property_ID; Rent_Amount

If I create a Tabular form, I will see for example in the result page: Rent_ID = 1; Property_ID = 1; Rent _Amount = $1000.

I will be able to delete, edit and add. But I will see Property_ID =1 and not the Property_Address. For a final user "1"doesn't mean anything.

So, I create a VIEW with the tables "Property" and "Rent". I can see the property Address in the result page. However it's impossible to Edit, Add or Delete.

Is there a solution to edit at least (to change the rent_amount or the property address if it has been inserted by mistake)?

Thanks

Hello, welcome to forum :)

I would recommend you to do the following:

1. Make one of the tables to be editable in the view.

2. Allow that table to be editable on report, you may select the preferable method of editing data on report

3. Create a separate details page using the second table as a datasource and add a link to this datapage in html block on the report datapage. So you will be able to edit data in the second table this way.

Also you may leave tables to be non-editable in the view and just display data on results page. Then add a link to the separate webpage where you can deploy two details pages for editing data in each table.

Hope it helps! :)

Please feel free to ask is something is not clear enough.