Dropbox displaying more information than I want

aewilcox10

Question

Hello all!

I have a table in which I need to list the citizenship requirements for particular jobs/grants. I wanted to do a drop down list in which someone could select US Citizen and all opportunities available to US Citizens would be available. The issue, however, is that some grants are open to US Citizens, Nationals, and Permanent Residents. As all this information is listed in the table under "Citizenship," it lists the following in the drop box:

US Citizen

US Citizen Permanent Resident 

US Citizen Permanent Resident Foreign National

No Requirements

How can I fix this? I thought about giving each its own column, but that didn't seem to work, as I'd then have to have multiple drop downs.

2 answers to this question

On 12/23/2016 at 5:10 AM, aewilcox10 said:

Hello all!

I have a table in which I need to list the citizenship requirements for particular jobs/grants. I wanted to do a drop down list in which someone could select US Citizen and all opportunities available to US Citizens would be available. The issue, however, is that some grants are open to US Citizens, Nationals, and Permanent Residents. As all this information is listed in the table under "Citizenship," it lists the following in the drop box:

US Citizen

US Citizen Permanent Resident 

US Citizen Permanent Resident Foreign National

No Requirements

How can I fix this? I thought about giving each its own column, but that didn't seem to work, as I'd then have to have multiple drop downs.

Hi, I would recommend you using cascading elements

Hope this helps