Uploading Spreadsheets

secny1

Question

Up until recently I could upload excel spreadsheets that I have created with formulas and import them and update them as need be.

I would format the cells to currency or number etc.

All of a sudden the formatting isnt staying when I upload if I have formatted a cell as number with 2 decimal places (ie 324.85). 

Once uploaded the number when imported may change to 324.8536

I can find no place in Caspio for an answer to this,or anyway to format to TWO (2) decimal places in the table view, and I have been doing this for 3 years without an issue. I need 2 decimal places only.

Why does it seem like the importing is ignoring my formatting now, and using the formula calculation.

I have over 8500 entries in 4 or 5 spreadsheets and had to manually change them all in the table view window!

I dont want to that that every week!

Thank you

1 answer to this question

On 1/9/2017 at 6:59 PM, secny1 said:

Up until recently I could upload excel spreadsheets that I have created with formulas and import them and update them as need be.

I would format the cells to currency or number etc.

All of a sudden the formatting isnt staying when I upload if I have formatted a cell as number with 2 decimal places (ie 324.85). 

Once uploaded the number when imported may change to 324.8536

I can find no place in Caspio for an answer to this,or anyway to format to TWO (2) decimal places in the table view, and I have been doing this for 3 years without an issue. I need 2 decimal places only.

Why does it seem like the importing is ignoring my formatting now, and using the formula calculation.

I have over 8500 entries in 4 or 5 spreadsheets and had to manually change them all in the table view window!

I dont want to that that every week!

Thank you

You may apply custom formatting on a datapage and show only 2 decimal places.