Cascading Dropdown on on child form

JohnJ

Question

I am trying to setup a cascading dropdown that has a parent on a previously accessed datapage.

So 2 datapages (A & B ).....When A is completed it goes to B. A has a dropdown that selects a team name (based on a view) . B has a dropdown that should list player numbers that are on the team selected in the dropdown on datapage A.   

This works just fine if I have both dropdowns on the same datapage, but I need it to work over 2 datapages. Is there a way to set a Cascading element's parent to something from a different datapage? Perhaps by a parameter? 

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I am trying to setup a cascading dropdown that has a parent on a previously accessed datapage.

So 2 datapages (A & B ).....When A is completed it goes to B. A has a dropdown that selects a team name (based on a view) . B has a dropdown that should list player numbers that are on the team selected in the dropdown on datapage A.   

This works just fine if I have both dropdowns on the same datapage, but I need it to work over 2 datapages. Is there a way to set a Cascading element's parent to something from a different datapage? Perhaps by a parameter? 

Sure it's possible.you need to pass a parameter from the datapage A to a virtual field on a datapage B. Then use the virtual field as a parent field on the datapage B. You may pass parameter in query string or on exit from the datapage.