jgfeller

Change background color based on IF solution

Question

I am attempting to change the background color in a report search results page using an IF function.  I tried to use the following code but for some reason it does not work.  I am sort of new at this so I may just be missing something obvious but I cannot find it.

<script>

var isi = document.getElementById("visi[@field:id#]");

if ([@calcfield:1#] > 6){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#58ff33';}

else if([@calcfield:1#] <= 6 && [@calcfield:1#] >= 4){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#ffac33';}

else if([@calcfield:1#] < 4){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#ff3b33';}

</script>

1 answer to this question

On 2/6/2017 at 7:59 PM, jgfeller said:

I am attempting to change the background color in a report search results page using an IF function.  I tried to use the following code but for some reason it does not work.  I am sort of new at this so I may just be missing something obvious but I cannot find it.

<script>

var isi = document.getElementById("visi[@field:id#]");

if ([@calcfield:1#] > 6){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#58ff33';}

else if([@calcfield:1#] <= 6 && [@calcfield:1#] >= 4){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#ffac33';}

else if([@calcfield:1#] < 4){isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = '#ff3b33';}

</script>

You need to use string parameters, so try removing # symbol in parameter names, also make sure that you inserted opening div tag in html block above all the fields and closing div tag below all the fields. Also I would recommend removing if in the last condition. Use else instead of else if.

You may take a look at the code I use on my datapage:

html block1 above all the fields: 

<div id="visi[@field:id]">

html block2 below all the fields:

</div>
<script>var isi = document.getElementById("visi[@field:id]");

if('[@field:Sales]' >=1000)

{isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = 'green';}

else

{isi.parentNode.parentNode.style.backgroundColor = 'red';}

</script>