Displaying table column in HTML format impacts Search and Report display

prashanth

Question

Question to anyone who may has encountered this or who is able to suggest a workaround.

When a Caspio Table column is a text(64000) column that has data in HTML format is being displayed in a Search and Report as such, it is causing issues. (I selected the Tabular output for Search and Report.)

The issues are with tabular display unrelated to this data, on a web page. This HTML data from the Header portion of Configure Results...DataPage Elements section is displaying correctly but causing the tabular display that is part of the search and Report to be broken in the webpage. The tabular display is showing data that contains header and contents completely stripped and unformatted. i.e., only text stripped from the tabular format is being displayed (as in 2nd attachment).

In this case I am trying to display a set of values in the results of the Search and Report datapage in a tabular format and the formatting is being affected. If I change the formatting from HTML to String in the header, the table format is fine and gives me the nice table header display with contents. (as in 1st attachment). Of course, this isn't ideal again because now the HTML is displayed in the browser with all the markups and tags as is. 

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Nice.JPG

notNice.JPG

2 answers to this question