JoennAquilino

Question

Hello,

I don't know if it's Wordpress issue but for some reason, whenever I deploy a datapage in iFrame, both wordpress code and html code, it wont receive any parameters however when using different deployment, it's working fine. 

Currently I deployed the datapage using the other means but I'd prefer using iFrame on some instances. 

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, JoennAquilino said:

Hello,

I don't know if it's Wordpress issue but for some reason, whenever I deploy a datapage in iFrame, both wordpress code and html code, it wont receive any parameters however when using different deployment, it's working fine. 

Currently I deployed the datapage using the other means but I'd prefer using iFrame on some instances. 

Thank you.

Hello,

This is not related to Wordpress deployment.

If you need to pass parameters , don't use iframe deployment method, since iframe is considered as a separate element on a webpage.

So Iframe is not an option if you need to pass parameters or redirect customer to another webpage after form submission, etc.

Hi - To pass URL query string parameter to an iFrame, you may do the following:

1. Add an id attribute on your iFrame, like add id="myiframe". The deployment code should be like this:
<iframe name="Some iFrame" title="Some iFrame" src="https://c1234567.caspio.com/dp/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" id="myiframe" >Sorry, but your browser does not support frames. Please, contact us.</iframe>

2. Once the id is added, copy and paste the code below in your webpage:

<script language="javascript">
var iframe = document.getElementById('myiframe');
iframe.src = iframe.src + window.location.search;
</script>

You can change the name of the iframe id depending on your preference.

What that code/script does is get the parameter query string of the current page and add the same query string to the iframe src.

Hope it helps!