PHP: get authenticated user info / status

moksamedia

Question

I'm working on a wordpress site and writing some custom PHP functions that access Caspio via the REST interface. I'm trying to figure out how to determine if the current user is logged in and get that user's info. 

I tried creating an HTML DataPage with the same authorization setup that simply echoed back the user info, hoping that if I logged into the website the REST request would be authenticated as well, but this didn't work. I also tried setting the PHPSESSID cookie in the request. Unfortunately, the REST request for the HTML datapage is always getting the login screen, regardless of if the user is logged in in the website.

How does Caspio track user authentication? 

Is there a known solution to this?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer to this question

You could track log in and log out actions by using API calls and write those entries into a Caspio table. Then by running a GET call you may know if user is logged in or not.

For simpler and quicker API integration, I would recommend you using this service: https://www.futuresuite.net/products/api-library.php

I hope this give you some light to resolve your issue.