Pull Image URL using Javascript element

Hello.  I have a file field where a user can load in an image. After they load the image and click update, I've got some java that runs. I'd like to populate the url of that image in another field.

I've got something like this that fires when the user updates, but I can't find the correct value for the image url and it clearly doesn't work:

document.getElementById("EditRecordtextfield_1").value = document.getElementById("EditRecordImage_File_1").SRC

Thought? Is this even possible?

DP

• 2 weeks later...

Try this:

<script>
document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit= function (){
var str= document.getElementById("EditRecordImage_File_1").value;
var pieces = str.split("\\");
var filename = pieces[pieces.length-1];
document.getElementById("EditRecordtextfield_1").value = '[@cbBridgeServer]/dpImages.aspx?appkey=APPKEY  OF YOUR DETAILS PAGE HERE&file='+/filename;
}
</script>

Change APPKEY OF YOUR DETAILS PAGE HERE with the appkey of the page you are placing this code in the Footer for.

But the issue in here is that if you have the same file with the same name already, the name will get changed after submission and it is not going to be the same in URL anymore.

• 1 year later...

Maymusic,

I am trying to get the image URL from a file upload field into a text field, so I can pass it to a Zapier webhook using JSON payload. I tried modifying the script above but it is not working. I thought that the image URL ends with a number and not file name? Can you advise how I can turn an image into text image URL?