Using external parameters in calculated field

ray985

Question

I have a report that has a calculated field in it that is based on a conditional statement. For one of the options, I would like it to multiply a field by the value of an input box. I can't figure out how to do it though. I've tried passing the value as an external parameter in the URL but I can't figure out how to reference that in the calculated field formula. Right now the input field is on the web page that the Caspio iframe is embedded on, but I can also move the input to the header of the form if that would help.  

Is there a way to do this? I'm using the code below...

CASE

WHEN [@field:Per]='lamp' THEN [@field:Per] * 2
WHEN [@field:Per]='fixture' THEN [@field:Cost] * EXTERNALPARAMETER
ELSE 0

END

2 answers to this question

15 hours ago, ray985 said:

I have a report that has a calculated field in it that is based on a conditional statement. For one of the options, I would like it to multiply a field by the value of an input box. I can't figure out how to do it though. I've tried passing the value as an external parameter in the URL but I can't figure out how to reference that in the calculated field formula. Right now the input field is on the web page that the Caspio iframe is embedded on, but I can also move the input to the header of the form if that would help.  

Is there a way to do this? I'm using the code below...

CASE

WHEN [@field:Per]='lamp' THEN [@field:Per] * 2
WHEN [@field:Per]='fixture' THEN [@field:Cost] * EXTERNALPARAMETER
ELSE 0

END

I would recommend wrapping parameter name in single quotes, e.g.: '[@param_name]'

This way you will be able to use parameter in sql query. In case of passing parameters to iframe,  you need to use special syntax, try using this solution

Hope that helps

On 4/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mathilda said:

I would recommend wrapping parameter name in single quotes, e.g.: '[@param_name]'

This way you will be able to use parameter in sql query. In case of passing parameters to iframe,  you need to use special syntax, try using this solution

Hope that helps

Thanks. That did the trick.

For anyone else that has the same problem, here's the code I ended up using in the calculated field box. I passed the parameter "wattsaved" in the URL to Caspio which came from a textbox in my form. 

CASE
 WHEN [@field:Per]='watt saved' THEN ([@field:Rebate] * '[@wattsaved]')
 WHEN [@field:Per]='kW saved' THEN ([@field:Rebate] * ('[@wattsaved]' / 1000))
  ELSE 0
END