Customers, orders number, order number to products

zzounds

Question

Hi guys, Please have a look at the picture it makes it more clear.

hopefully someone can help with this simple question. So we have a "Customer" making an "order" this "order" has different "products". So 3 tables. When I connect Customer table to order table, no problem, one customer can have multiple order, when I connect orders to products, I want to be able to chose a customer and only see his orders in the products table. At the moment I can select the customer but I get to see all orders, I want to only see his orders. All this in the table.

At the moment it seems that I can just add a product to a customer but the order is not connect to the customer, so when I choose the customers name from my tables drop-down I can still select all the orders, but this is not correct because this customer did NOT make all the orders. This is essentially what I want to do connect products to customers, and customers are connected to orders. That is basically it hopefully I explained myself. well.

I included a picture is you look the customer "Tim Sanders" can choose all the orders, but he has NO order so I don't  want him to be able to choose an order. Maybe there is a better and easier way to do this please let me know. All suggestions are really welcome.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Customer order number.JPG

2 answers to this question

On 4/9/2017 at 5:30 AM, zzounds said:

Hi guys, Please have a look at the picture it makes it more clear.

hopefully someone can help with this simple question. So we have a "Customer" making an "order" this "order" has different "products". So 3 tables. When I connect Customer table to order table, no problem, one customer can have multiple order, when I connect orders to products, I want to be able to chose a customer and only see his orders in the products table. At the moment I can select the customer but I get to see all orders, I want to only see his orders. All this in the table.

At the moment it seems that I can just add a product to a customer but the order is not connect to the customer, so when I choose the customers name from my tables drop-down I can still select all the orders, but this is not correct because this customer did NOT make all the orders. This is essentially what I want to do connect products to customers, and customers are connected to orders. That is basically it hopefully I explained myself. well.

I included a picture is you look the customer "Tim Sanders" can choose all the orders, but he has NO order so I don't  want him to be able to choose an order. Maybe there is a better and easier way to do this please let me know. All suggestions are really welcome.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Customer order number.JPG

Hi Anthony,

I think that cascading fields should help in this case. You may add records using submission form and filter orders based on user ID