Set passwords to expire

telepet

Question

I came across this article recently-- 6 Security Policies to Customize in Your Caspio Account  -- and saw the following:

2. Scheduled password expiration policy
The practice of requiring passwords to be changed periodically is a common security measure recommended by IT professionals. Using Caspio, you can ensure that user passwords automatically expire after a certain number of days.

I can't seem to find instructions anywhere for setting up this kind of functionality.  By chance, can someone point me in the right direction?

3 answers to this question

19 hours ago, telepet said:

I came across this article recently-- 6 Security Policies to Customize in Your Caspio Account  -- and saw the following:

I can't seem to find instructions anywhere for setting up this kind of functionality.  By chance, can someone point me in the right direction?

Hello telepet,

I am afraid that Caspio offers this as premium feature named SAML. It is available only on Corporate level subscription.

I would suggest designing your app in the way which will force the user to change his password in X number of days.

You can have a date field in authentication table which will store information about the date of password expiration and JS condition to check if password expired or not. Perhaps you can direct the user to Password recovery form, so he could change this password.

Hope this helps.

vitalikssssss