Sending Notification Email Only if "Approved" checkbox is checked

Student2017

Question

I have a table with student details and a checkbox for approved status. 

The approved checkbox is editable in the Tabular Report and if the admin updates the student by approving him/her a notification email is sent.

Is there a way in which the notification email will be sent only if the admin approves the student (marks the checkbox)? Because right now the notification email is sent even when the student's status is updated to be unapproved from approved.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

On 7/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, Student2017 said:

I have a table with student details and a checkbox for approved status. 

The approved checkbox is editable in the Tabular Report and if the admin updates the student by approving him/her a notification email is sent.

Is there a way in which the notification email will be sent only if the admin approves the student (marks the checkbox)? Because right now the notification email is sent even when the student's status is updated to be unapproved from approved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Student2017,

I am sure that desired workflow can be achieved on the Details page. 

You should add a Virtual field which will use Form element "Checkbox" and input email address in Field Option section named "Value then checked:".

You will be able to use this Virtual field in notification email recipient field"To:".

Hope this helps.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:25 PM, Vitalikssssss said:

Hello Student2017,

I am sure that desired workflow can be achieved on the Details page. 

You should add a Virtual field which will use Form element "Checkbox" and input email address in Field Option section named "Value then checked:".

You will be able to use this Virtual field in notification email recipient field"To:".

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the reply but the problem is that the email is not always 1 fixed value :( 

It is based on another field called University_Email.