Possible to include list-string data type in automatic email?

telepet

Question

I'm setting up an automatic email upon completion of a form.  One of the fields in the form is a list-string data type.  I'd like to provide that user-inputted data in my automatic email but that specific column is not listed as option in the Insert ParameterData Source Field options.

I have been able to manually type in my list-string data column.  However, the results I get are only the numbers of string in my list, and not the strings themselves.  

[@field:myListStringColumnName]

Any ideas whether it's possible to include within the body of an automatic email the user provided data from a list-string data type column?

1 answer to this question

22 hours ago, telepet said:

I'm setting up an automatic email upon completion of a form.  One of the fields in the form is a list-string data type.  I'd like to provide that user-inputted data in my automatic email but that specific column is not listed as option in the Insert ParameterData Source Field options.

I have been able to manually type in my list-string data column.  However, the results I get are only the numbers of string in my list, and not the strings themselves.  

[@field:myListStringColumnName]

Any ideas whether it's possible to include within the body of an automatic email the user provided data from a list-string data type column?

This datatype cannot be used as a parameter. However you may use java script and grab data from the list datatype and place into the virtual field, then include virtual field in the email body. 

Have a look at this post. The same script can be used for this case as well.

Cheers!