A form for a user to select all that apply from a list of many offerings

GWBjr

Question

I have 101 users that I want to select from a list of many offerings (1000) all of the offerings that apply to them. Currently I have a table of Users (101) and a Table of Offerings (1000).

Do I create a 3rd table  for the many to many information. If yes, how do I use this 3rd table to create a form where user selects all of the offerings that apply to them? I don't think a drop down field in the user table is the way to go, correct? The offering table has two fields (offering name and state). Let me know if you need more information.

6 answers to this question

Yes, create a third table that will take in the submissions form your users. Your third table would have a combo of information from your prior two: you need to include the ID for the user (you should have an ID field on your user table), anything else you want to include probably like name and email or something, then fields that are for the offerings. 

UserID  |  Name | Email | Offering | 

You would probably use a Multiselect List datatype for the Offering, so that the user can select multiple of them at a time. 

When creating the submission form, use the source table as your new third table. For the offerings field, make it a multiselect listbox/dropdown and use the Offerings Table as your source.

You can make the UserID receive an auth parameter on load, so that the user's information will get submitted too. 

If you need any more help don't be afraid to ask.

Actually I am using the Search and Report since all Users (actually they are called Lenders) are pre-populated. 

I don't see multi-select as an option.

Ok so the Search and Report is sourced with the Lenders table.

In that table as you can see is field called MSA'sCovered. I have tried to make the source for this field 3rd ManytoMany table-  MSA_Offerings, but I can't get the list of all of the MSA offering to appear for a mult-select.

Below I have used the source of the 2nd table MSAs_1, but here I cannot get the Multi-select option either but I do get the entire list to pick from since those records already exist in the table.

How do I see a list to pick from using the MSAOffering 3rd table?

See below.

CaspioQ1.png

Edited by GWBjr
Additional information.

OK, I have now implemented a submission form as you suggested above and it works perfectly, except that I don't get the Multi-select option. What am I missing here?

And now my next question is how do I create a link to that submission form in the Lender Search and Report Details Page above and have the Lender data automatically get entered in to the 3rd table ( MSA_Offerings)?

Sorry @GWBjr, I have been super busy today. You have to make a field Multi Select from the table itself. When you first created the field, it asks for DataType. These are Text(255), Text(64000), File, etc. There is a Multi Select List option. 

To create the link to the submission form, you are going to have to create an anchor tag with an href to the submission form, and use query string parameters to send the Lender data over. 

There is more information about query strings and how to build them here

I can help you out more when I get some more time.