Change Field Label Conditionally

NorineBlaylock

Question

I have a cascading dropdown where the lookup values change based on the dropdown above it, so the values will change based on the first selection.  I need to change the field label of the 2nd dropdown based on the selection of the first dropdown.  

So if it the dropdown value for the 1st dropdown is "A", then the field label for the 2nd dropdown would change to "Select "A" submission:" and if "B" is selected for the dropdown value for the 1st dropdown, then the field label for the 2nd dropdown would change to "Select "B" submission:" as an example.  I actually have 2 words that would be static for each selection, so I don't necessarily need to grab the text from the dropdown, I just need to be able to switch the label for the 2nd dropdown based on the 1st dropdown selection. 

Is there a way to do this somehow with a rule conditionally or a JavaScript that would work? 

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help! 

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I don't really have an answer but it sounds interesting.

I think that if I was trying to do that I'd try having multiple versions of the second drop-down and use Rules on the first drop-down to hide/reveal the second ones.

But I don't know how you are making the second drop-down depend dynamically on the first. Can you explain that part?

hmmmmm

I guess you can use a calculated field/value then use conditional statement. put them on the same line with the dropdown by checking the "Place next element on the same line". 

As for the dropdown, set it to "No label"

With that, the calculated field/value  will be your label.

Again, its just a suggestion.

quack