Include entry that is not in the options of a Radio Buttons

DruidCtba

Question

Guys is there a way for me to have a radio button or another option so that the user can type an option different from the one that I will present in the data entry form, something similar to the google docs form?

I got in touch with the online support people, but so far I haven't been able to solve my problem, I've used virtual field, parameters, and it didn't work, as I'm a newbie in Caspio, I don't know how to solve my problem, below are two examples of same problem that the google docs form solves for me, because I can only point out the options used, but not all possible.

FormularioGoogleDocs.thumb.jpg.4b073bd6bc93d981bded118a72c999eb.jpg

Att.

Druid®.

3 answers to this question

One solution for this is to have an "Other" option in your field and a new field (text element) where your user can type and will hold a value for the "Other" option. The new field can be hidden at first and will just show once "Other" is selected using Rules

If you want the new field's value to be copied in the first field upon submission, you can use trigger for that. Here is a documentation: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

OK friend, I'm a FREE user, I can't use Trigger, but I don't understand how something so basic has to be implemented in such a grotesque way in Caspio, see that Google Docs includes this type of option.

Caspio could solve this by changing the rules of the Virtual Field, or using an IF option in the radio button options, or dropdown.

I consider Caspio to be a very robust platform, as well as Zoho, but not considering this type of widely used option depends on the Caspio service, which aims to be a service for end users and not IT personnel.

I appreciate your response and your attention to my question.

Att.

Druid®.

PS I opened a ticket for Caspio's support, after some unviable solutions he suggested that I expose this as an improvement, well I don't work for Caspio, because I think I should do this when they should be trying to improve their product / service in competition?

On 3/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, DruidCtba said:

Guys is there a way for me to have a radio button or another option so that the user can type an option different from the one that I will present in the data entry form, something similar to the google docs form?

I got in touch with the online support people, but so far I haven't been able to solve my problem, I've used virtual field, parameters, and it didn't work, as I'm a newbie in Caspio, I don't know how to solve my problem, below are two examples of same problem that the google docs form solves for me, because I can only point out the options used, but not all possible.

FormularioGoogleDocs.thumb.jpg.4b073bd6bc93d981bded118a72c999eb.jpg

Att.

Druid®.

Hi @DruidCtba, you may try the solution provided in these articles: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/add-an-option-to-a-public-facing-dropdown/
https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/automatically-add-options-to-dropdowns-and-listboxes/