Using G Suite (Google Cloud Identity) for auth

jazmichaelking

Question

I'm helping some folks at my company that are Caspio users, they want to integrate G Suite for app auth, both for staff with G Suite licenses and for customer with Google Cloud Identity accounts (provisioned through G Suite at the same domain) so I have staff in one OU full.name@domain.org and customers in another OU customer.name@secondary.domain.org (same G Suite admin panel)

Is the best practice in this use case to use SAML? What are the experiences of anyone who's used Google to perform identity management?

3 answers to this question

Hi @jazmichaelking,

It looks like G Suite supports SAML 2.0 (Security Assertion Markup Language) that also used by Caspio SAML, however G Suite is not listed as one of the Idp provider that has been verified by Caspio. I haven`t done this type of integration yet  but overall it should be possible. The only challenge I see is to understand how to store usernames in Caspio table. I guess it is possible to find out the format of user_name returned by Idp from G Suite support.

Here are some links that should help:

https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/single-sign-on/

https://support.google.com/a/answer/6087519

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate if you share with a community if you succeed or not.

Regards,

vitalikssssss   

Thanks @Vitalikssssss, I am assuming I  will need to add the SAML app on G Suite's side, but mostly I was just checking if there was any other option eg just going with Google as a scoail login and restricting the domain or similar.

We will set up the SAML app in G Suite and then work on figuring out the necessaries for Caspio, and I'll come back here and share our experience when it's done. Or abandoned :o)

On 8/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, jazmichaelking said:

Thanks @Vitalikssssss, I am assuming I  will need to add the SAML app on G Suite's side, but mostly I was just checking if there was any other option eg just going with Google as a scoail login and restricting the domain or similar.

We will set up the SAML app in G Suite and then work on figuring out the necessaries for Caspio, and I'll come back here and share our experience when it's done. Or abandoned :o)

Hi @jazmichaelking, there is a Google ID service setup if you are not aware of with Caspio Auth. Here is the link: https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/setting-up-id-services/