Test deployment on local PC

Mitch

Question

3 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Mitch said:

Putting together a site to host datapages.  Development site is on local PC.  Embed code returns only "Cloud Database by Caspio" instead of the target form.   Works fine on live site but I want to be able to develop and test locally.  Any suggestions?

Hey @Mitch, does it still work when you try the actual URL on your browser? Sometimes, some features are not fully loaded when hosted locally even if there is a good internet connection. This not only applies to Caspio but for every HTML pages loaded into a local PC. You need to try this on a working hosting site or an FTP. I recommend using Weebly as I tried it multiple times and it's a good hosting website, not to mention it's free if you do not mind the watermark. ;) 

Thanks all for the feedback.  Turns out Caspio actually offers hosting so the approach I landed on on is to set up a development folder on the Caspio hosing site and connect my Atom text editor to the folder and can edit the files directly.  I can then copy the development files into the live site.  Works like a charm.