Formula for a column referring to another table

OlivierDeNantes

Question

Hi, 

I am building an accounting app and I would like to have 2 separate tables in Caspio

1. Book Entry table : Table in which I store all the accounting entries of the users 

2. Aggregate Table : Table in which I will find some aggregates computed from the first table (eg. Sum(revenue) for each month) 

I want the second table to be a table and not a datapage as I want to store it and interact with it using APIs. What would be the best way to achieve this as formula in one table can not refer to another one ? 

Thanks !!!

2 answers to this question

Hello @OlivierDeNantes,

This can be achieved with the Triggered Action if this feature is available in your plan.  You may refer to the article https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

Also, you may find the example of the Trigger in this post https://forums.caspio.com/topic/8289-sum-function-in-triggered-actions/#comment-25800

Please note that the complexity of the Trigger depends on your workflow. It depends on whether the data is being inserted only into the Book Entry table, or whether it is updated and deleted as well.

If the Triggered Actions are included in your plan, please provide me with the table design of your tables, I will try to help.