Advanced - Tabular Report - Inline Edit - Data Validation for more than one field

I have been pounding my head against a wall on this one.  I need to do data validation for two fields in a tabular report data page in two different scenarios.  I have been successfully using the following code to validate one field: 

<script>
var nameOfField = "InlineAddWhole_Value_Perc_Split_to_Agent";

document.addEventListener('DOMSubtreeModified', function(){

if(document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0])
    {
          document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].addEventListener('change', function(){

var cash= document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].value;

if(isNaN(cash))
                {
                    alert("You have entered an invalid number in the Split to Agent field. Value must be numeric whole value decimal. Do not include letters or symbols.");
                    document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].value="";
                    document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].focus();
                }
                    else if((cash) < 0)
                {
                    alert("You have entered an invalid number in the Split to Agent field. Value cannot be a negative amount.");
                    document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].value="0";
                }
                    else if((cash) > 100)
                {
                    alert("You have entered an invalid number in the Split to Agent field. Percentage value must be entered as a whole value percentage. i.e. 100% = 100 and 50% = 50");
                    document.getElementsByName(nameOfField)[0].value="100";
                }
            });
        }
});

</script>

1. 1st scenario - How do I validate two different fields independently? Basically field "split to Agent" must be between 0 & 100 and field "Agent ID" must be non-zero. 
  2. 2nd scenario - How do I validate two different fields dependently? IF field "split to Agent" is less than 100 THEN field "Agent ID" must be non-zero.

The main issue that I am running into is that I cannot figure out how to do an event listener for more than 1 field at a time. No matter how I have tried to implement it, I can't. I would appreciate any help that I can get here. 

Is that possible to implement? Is there any way to implement this? 

Thank you in advanced! 

Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

I can't give you an exact code, but I can give you a suggestion, I guess?

That's kind of complicated for two field validation. If you may, can you just use a Submission Form instead of Inline Insert? You can put the link on the header of your Reports DataPage and use a pop-up window. 

JavaScript Validation would be much easier to implement on a Submission Form, or you can even use Rules or Calculated Fields to check the field.

Let's say you have Field 1 - you can then create a Virtual Field > set it to Calculated Value > check the value of Field 1 (i.e. CASE WHEN Field1 < 0 THEN "Invalid" ELSE "OK" END

Then on your Field 2 - created another Virtual Field > set to Calculated Value > check the value of Field 2, you can even insert Field 1 here (i.e. CASE WHEN FIELD1 < 100 AND AGENTID = 0 THEN "INVALID" ELSE "Good" END

Then on your JS code, just listen to the whole document like - document.addEventListener("change", function(e) - then, inside, if one of the calculated values is not "OK" prevent the form to submit - preventDefault();

Again, this is just a workaround I thought of, you can easily disregard if you really want to go the inline insert route