How to make HTML fields in search results downloadable to users?

kcastagnaro

Question

Hi all, I have several tabular reports where I have created HTML fields to link to additional pages on my site. I would like these fields to be downloadable in PDF/Excel/CSV just like all the other fields. The online help page on this subject states that "Editable fields are converted to display only fields. If you have custom form elements in an HTML block, they will not be converted to display only elements." (https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-make-the-search-results-downloadable-for-my-users/)

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I would love to have the study dashboard number (not the hyperlink itself) show up in my PDF and Excel spreadsheet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

image.png.1d7431dccdc1bd08bf261a04ae972a73.png

1 answer to this question

On 4/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, kcastagnaro said:

Hi all, I have several tabular reports where I have created HTML fields to link to additional pages on my site. I would like these fields to be downloadable in PDF/Excel/CSV just like all the other fields. The online help page on this subject states that "Editable fields are converted to display only fields. If you have custom form elements in an HTML block, they will not be converted to display only elements." (https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-make-the-search-results-downloadable-for-my-users/)

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I would love to have the study dashboard number (not the hyperlink itself) show up in my PDF and Excel spreadsheet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

image.png.1d7431dccdc1bd08bf261a04ae972a73.png

Hello, 

HTML Blocks are not included when you download the report as Excel/ CSV File. However, you can insert a Calculated field in the report and just paste the link inside.

Screenshot_85_3.png

Then, you can just hide this Calculated Field using Style. You may refer to this post:

This calculated field will be included in the file.

For PDF, the link in the HTML Block will be clickable automatically.

Hope this helps!