Jump to content
  • 0

XML Download Issues


pmcfarlain
 Share

Question

I'm having issues downloading xml files from Caspio on some Windows computers. Once I go through the whole keep -> save as song and dance, it converts the file to a .crdownload and refuses to open with excel (corrupts or has other errors) 9 times out of 10. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Having a similar error on Mac but without the .crdownload. This file specifically is coming up with this error when I try to open it.

 

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 10.20.49 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
22 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Ok after rebuilding and testing, I've figured out that it's the short date I have tacked on to the end of the file name that is messing things up. No clue why. I have another report with the same name format that works fine...

Seems that if you have a 'Report' in file name, it gets corrupted. 'Reports' work fine

EDIT: nvm it seems that it's the short date

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Here is the deployed datapage link: https://c1dcs476.caspio.com/dp/66ca90000d1775aed9144fc79760

I am downloading the XML file to open in excel but it corrupts every time

Oh, it's corrupt in mine, as well, but it's xml and not crdownload. Have you tried duplicating this DataPage and test it again? Mine works fine, you probably have to contact the support since it might be a configuration issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, TellMeWhy said:

Oh, it's corrupt in mine, as well, but it's xml and not crdownload. Have you tried duplicating this DataPage and test it again? Mine works fine, you probably have to contact the support since it might be a configuration issue

Yep, tried to duplicate it. I've got a support ticket open rn. Currently debating whether I should rebuild an identical datapage from scratch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Ok after rebuilding and testing, I've figured out that it's the short date I have tacked on to the end of the file name that is messing things up. No clue why. I have another report with the same name format that works fine...

huh, Customer Report ShortDate gets mine corrupted, as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

Seems that if you have a 'Report' in file name, it gets corrupted. 'Reports' work fine

That works on my end too. I do have another file called "Engineering Report [short date]" that works fine but with Customer Report it freaks out for some reason. Thanks for the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...