Embedding an iFrame in Microsoft Sharepoint - File or directory not found.

Dayne

Question

I'm new to Caspio. This is my first app.

I'm trying to build a simple login system for now by deploying my Login html data page to Sharepoint. It only accepts iFrames. The login shows up when I preview it in Caspio.

However when I embed the deployment code it shows me a "File or directory not found." message. 

I've gone through all the tutorials and posts I could find about it here but no luck.

Also I'm a little unclear on how to transition to my dashboard data page afterwards on successful login. All tutorials transition to an html but I want to transition to datapages only for my app.

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Dayne said:

I'm new to Caspio. This is my first app.

I'm trying to build a simple login system for now by deploying my Login html data page to Sharepoint. It only accepts iFrames. The login shows up when I preview it in Caspio.

However when I embed the deployment code it shows me a "File or directory not found." message. 

I've gone through all the tutorials and posts I could find about it here but no luck.

Also I'm a little unclear on how to transition to my dashboard data page afterwards on successful login. All tutorials transition to an html but I want to transition to datapages only for my app.

Do you have redirection on your HTML datapage? what's your code there? maybe you're using relative path?

26 minutes ago, TellMeWhy said:

Do you have redirection on your HTML datapage? what's your code there? maybe you're using relative path?

Where would I see if I have any redirection? The only code I have is redirecting to a certain page on a successful login.

As soon as I embed the Login html page the error message shows up. No login form, no submit button just the message.

8 minutes ago, Dayne said:

Where would I see if I have any redirection? The only code I have is redirecting to a certain page on a successful login.

As soon as I embed the Login html page the error message shows up. No login form, no submit button just the message.

You're using the iframe deployment right? Error message shows up cause you're probably logged in, try previewing the datapage and logout at the top right, then try on the embedded again. 

What do you mean with Login HTML Page? Is it the same as HTML DataPage? HTML DataPages hold the code

15 hours ago, TellMeWhy said:

You're using the iframe deployment right? Error message shows up cause you're probably logged in, try previewing the datapage and logout at the top right, then try on the embedded again. 

What do you mean with Login HTML Page? Is it the same as HTML DataPage? HTML DataPages hold the code

Ah that's make sense that I'm probably logged in. I'll try that.

So that Login is an html data page that I have an email and password fields that I'm using to login to my app. 

This is the template code inside the html data page:

<script>
if("[@authfield:Admin]" == "Yes"){
window.location = "http://www.mysite.com/admin.html";
}
else if ("[@authfield:Manager]" == "Yes"){
window.location = "http://www.mysite.com/manager.html";
}
else{
window.location = "http://www.mysite.com/employee.html";
}
</script>

Just checks what role the person trying to log in has and redirects them to a specific page. Now I'm trying to redirect them to a datapage in my Caspio app instead of an html on successful login. I'm not sure how to do that.

16 hours ago, TellMeWhy said:

So I checked on the html page preview and it shows the error message and the logout button is grayed out so I'm not logged in. 

4 hours ago, Dayne said:

So I checked on the html page preview and it shows the error message and the logout button is grayed out so I'm not logged in. 

Do you have any redirection here? Maybe you're using a Link with relative path checked in any of these, especially the Designated Entry Page under Timeout and Redirection.

image.png.6d8d3a8c729b1e21a189db40b25311d1.png