Special requirements - Zebra label printing and data linking

kmocabee

Question

I am nearly complete with my Caspio review for a client. There are a couple of requirements that I wanted to confirm Caspio can do before I make a decision. 

First, they are printing barcode labels with text using a Zebra label printer. I believe Caspio can do that from some of the traffic I have seen. 

Another requirement is that they want custom notes to be associated with product IDs for their clients. For example,

Client 1 orders part number 12345 and the notes are pulled for Client 1
Client 2 orders the same part number 12345 and the notes are pulled for Client 2 

Is that possible? 

thx

3 answers to this question

On 9/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, Meekeee said:

Hi @kmocabee- for the barcode, are you referring to barcode generator or scanner? Either way, you may check it here from their App Extenstions: https://www.caspio.com/services/app-extensions/?cat=integrations

For the other requirement about notes, yes this is possible. You may check this forum post:

Actually, I just wanted to print barcodes. They will be in the database as a number for a particular order which needs to be printed for use in the shop. I assume for that display field, all I have to do is to use the right barcode font and it will display and print correctly. But mainly I was concerned about connecting to specific printers and creating a label format that is then printed on their Zebra printer. Can I do that directly, or do I need to create a PDF and then print to the Zebra? Thanks for the help. 

On 9/13/2021 at 5:23 AM, kmocabee said:

Actually, I just wanted to print barcodes. They will be in the database as a number for a particular order which needs to be printed for use in the shop. I assume for that display field, all I have to do is to use the right barcode font and it will display and print correctly. But mainly I was concerned about connecting to specific printers and creating a label format that is then printed on their Zebra printer. Can I do that directly, or do I need to create a PDF and then print to the Zebra? Thanks for the help. 

Hi there! I'm not very familiar with printing barcodes using Zebra printer, but if in any case you consider using PDF to complete your workflow, that is something that can be achieve through your DataPages. You also have an option to open the PDF in a new tab of your browser without having to download the file to make it easier for you to print the page. Here's a HowTo article that you may check for more information: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/pdf-download/pdf-download/