Task to send message day of event

Fleshzombie

Question

Hi, 

I am trying to set up a task to send out a message the day of event for everyone signed up for an event on that day, I have followed the simple instructions found on the Caspio how to website for Tasks which seems simple enough.  For some reason, the messages are not being generated and sent:

image.png.74c3ac935685f8bdf9d95b024c8ceb68.png

Date is stored as Date/Time

when I go into task history, it says 0 sent.   If I create a few of the joined tables, and set filter for today it does pull the events & populated fields

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Fleshzombie said:

Date is stored as Date/Time

Try changing the WHERE block. Remove the 'timestamp equals date' logic.

Go to the Date tab on the left and select the 'difference in __ between' block and give that a try. Change difference in years to difference in days, then put timestamp, then put date. Something like the image below 

difference.thumb.PNG.8fe3262ea9677b4f59e015a0317dc0b3.PNG

I think @kpcollier's suggestion is correct. My guess is your current task must be comparing the Timestamp and Expiration_Date field down to the seconds (or maybe even milliseconds) which might be the reason why it is not sending any messages because 10/14/2021 02:10:45 is not equal to 10/14/2021 02:10:46. Something like that.

27 minutes ago, kpcollier said:

Try changing the WHERE block. Remove the 'timestamp equals date' logic.

Go to the Date tab on the left and select the 'difference in __ between' block and give that a try. Change difference in years to difference in days, then put timestamp, then put date. Something like the image below 

difference.thumb.PNG.8fe3262ea9677b4f59e015a0317dc0b3.PNG

@kpcollier @Tubby thank you!  It seems that is what it was and makes sense now that I think about it.  That one seems to be working now.

I have a similar situation that is a bit more complicated I have been trying to wrap my head around for differnce in minutes, are date/time values stored as your account timezone?

Would the below work if the Date_Time_Value is 10/14/2021 10:00:00 and the current timestamp in Central Timezone is 12/14/2021 9:30:00 even if our account timezone is in PST?

Or would the stored Date_Time_Value be defaulted to our account timezone and need to be stored as 12/14/2021 7:30:00 to trigger?

image.thumb.png.5fd469cc81d5862f8c8935e965c99ace.png

I am trying to solve for events in different timezones and currently :

Date is imported and stored as Date/Time 

Time is imported and stored as Text

Timezone is imported as Text (PST, MST, CST, EST)

I created a formula field using this: CONVERT(varchar, [@field:Date], 101) +' '+ CONVERT(varchar, [@field:Time], 108) but it doesnt account for Timezone.  Would I need to use a CASE statement to convert time to UTC format in order to get the above screenshot to trigger?