Concatenate several paragraphs into a single Text

JKSGT

Question

Concatenated into Text(64000) Field 

I’d like to dynamically concatenate several paragraphs into a single Text(64000) field using Triggers.

I have a table called tab_Responses that a customer updates. In this table I update a field called Trigger_Run with Trigger_Run = ‘Update Para’ when I’m ready to create the concatenated field. I also have a field called Profession that I want to use to identify the paragraphs to combine, this stores a profession such as ‘Fire Eater’. I also have a field called Concate_Para that stores the final concatenated paragraph.

Then I have a table called tab_Paragraphs where I store the template paragraphs.

Paragraph
Text
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 
Nunc faucibus sem purus. Suspendisse fermentum id magna nec pulvinar. 
Donec auctor feugiat justo, sed convallis nunc malesuada ut.

And I have a table called tab_Profession_Paragraphs where I store lists of paragraphs to appear for each profession. For example:

Profession
Paragraph
Fire Eater
1,2, 3
Lion Tamer
Clown
Juggler

Result

So I’d like the outcome to be something like this:
- If Profession = Fire Eater then lookup tab_Paragraphs and concatenate Paragraph_01, Paragraph_02 and Paragraph_03 and store them in Concate_Para.
- If Profession = Lion Tamer then lookup tab_Paragraphs and concatenate Paragraph_01 and Paragraph_02 and store them in Concate_Para.
- If Profession = Clown then lookup tab_Paragraphs and concatenate Paragraph_01 and Paragraph_03 and store them in Concate_Para.

I wonder if anyone has any thought for how I could set up a trigger to achieve this as the logic is escaping me at the moment?

Many thanks
Jay

2 answers to this question