Jump to content
  • 0

On Form Submit - open Report Details page?


Gunnar360c
 Share

Question

I'd like to open the Details Page of a report for the record the user creates when submitting a form. The purpose is that the form gets complex if user should enter everything, and I'd like to make the user continue on the details page. I don't want to waste DataPages on multistep forms since I need the report and details page anyway. Have not found any solution on howto. caspio.com..

Does anyone know if that is possible and how it is done?

G

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi there @Gunnar360c :) Caspio actually has a type of DataPage that opens up a details page of a report and completely skips the search form and results page. You should be able to find that under the "Reports" category. To open the recently submitted record, just make sure you are passing a unique ID from the submission form, choose the unique field as the filtering field for the details page, then receive the parameter. 

image.png.9bc38342b0e801bb8ea8070d5ce3e700.png

image.png.8da7b28bf3a460445f6d1dfbf6294497.png

image.png.15bf7be7aad5a4f48da23242e0aff785.png

I hope this helps!

- LOEY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, ParkLoey said:

Hi there @Gunnar360c :) Caspio actually has a type of DataPage that opens up a details page of a report and completely skips the search form and results page. You should be able to find that under the "Reports" category. To open the recently submitted record, just make sure you are passing a unique ID from the submission form, choose the unique field as the filtering field for the details page, then receive the parameter. 

image.png.9bc38342b0e801bb8ea8070d5ce3e700.png

image.png.8da7b28bf3a460445f6d1dfbf6294497.png

image.png.15bf7be7aad5a4f48da23242e0aff785.png

I hope this helps!

- LOEY

Many thanks @ParkLoey! I am aware of the single record update form but since I need the reports anyway with the detail's pages, I don't want to waste 10+ Data Pages on single record updates. It would also be confusing for the users if there are one form for creating the initial record and two other forms for creating the details. If not possible to programmatically open a details record then I will stick to what I have – the user needs to click on the item they wish to update. 

Regards/Gunnar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

*I didn't see the details page part. But I believe there's still gotta be a way. I'll try and find somethin.

There should be a way. 

On the form, where you select the fields to include in the form itself, there is a checkbox at the bottom that says 'On exist, pass ID field as parameter'. You'll want to have this checked. 

formgoto2.PNG.de69b64981b84eb1809841d3d61cefdb.PNG

 

Then at the end of the form wizard, at destinations and messaging, choose Go to a new page. Put the url of the report (I haven't tested this, I am not sure if the ID will be passed automatically from the option enabled above or if we still need to include parameter in URL)

 

formgoto.PNG.81e180ab2acbffe63492e4aaa15cf4ce.PNG

 

Then you could use something like this on your report page, where it will auto-search when the ID parameter is present, or stay at the search form if no parameter is present.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi @kpcollier,

Upon checking once you have enable the on exit, ID and formula field as parameter, you don't need to include  it on the Destination link. But when you are receiving the parameter you need to include InsertRecord since it is Special field(ID, System generated). Reference: https://howto.caspio.com/parameters/passing-parameters/
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2/22/2022 at 10:51 PM, telly said:

Hi @kpcollier,

Upon checking once you have enable the on exit, ID and formula field as parameter, you don't need to include  it on the Destination link. But when you are receiving the parameter you need to include InsertRecord since it is Special field(ID, System generated). Reference: https://howto.caspio.com/parameters/passing-parameters/
 

Thanks @kpcollier, thanks for adding the 'InsertField' aspect, I did not think of that either. It makes the report filter out the right record but does not help to open the details page which was the original purpose. I am happy keeping it as is, upon submit the user is routed to the report and need to click the items of choice to edit the content!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Gunnar360c said:

but does not help to open the details page which was the original purpose.

@Gunnar360c, I was doing some looking around, and haven't seen any workarounds that work. One thing that you could do if you wanted, is use another datapage... Create a Report datapage and a Details datapage. Get rid of the details page in the Report page, and on the results of the report, add an HTML block at the bottom of your fields and add the link to the details datapage. Likewise, have a link with parameters or something on the details page (probably the header or something) to go to the results page. 

That way you can have them redirect straight to the details datapage. Then if they want to just go to the report, they can click the 'Go to report' link. If they are on the report, they can click the 'Details' link from from the HTML block to go to the details datapage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...