Broken URL from multi-word field in passthrough

jeffs88keys

Question

I'm trying to passthrough a field that often has multiple words as it's content (such as a song title).  When doing so, there is no separator between the words, and thus the URL breaks after the first word. (i.e. www.website.com/?song=piano man - the url breaks after the word piano)

Is there a way that I'm missing so that I can have a multiple-word passthrough without breaking the URL?

Thanks !

4 answers to this question

Hi @jeffs88keys! I was curious about it before as well since I see a %20 instead of SPACE when my parameter is more than one word, however, I tried this with my report form that needs a parameter for the results and even though I used two words, it still recognizes the value. Are you having problems receiving the parameters when they are more than one word?
image.thumb.png.f950a2a920a4bf8291986e1a7ffd4da8.png

13 hours ago, ParkLoey said:

Hi @jeffs88keys! I was curious about it before as well since I see a %20 instead of SPACE when my parameter is more than one word, however, I tried this with my report form that needs a parameter for the results and even though I used two words, it still recognizes the value. Are you having problems receiving the parameters when they are more than one word?
image.thumb.png.f950a2a920a4bf8291986e1a7ffd4da8.png

13 hours ago, imJihyo said:

Hey guys! I also saw Caspio's article about using special characters in parameters. Maybe this'll help?

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/using-special-characters-in-query-string/

- Jihyo

@imJihyo Thank you.  However, I'm trying to pass from a form and using virtual fields.  There's no opportunity to create a calculated field.  The URL is given to the end user in an email notification.  

caspio 1.png

Heya @jeffs88keys just saw your reply today. Were you able to resolve this? How about using calculated value. You can reference that virtual field that contains the parameter in another virtual field which you can turn in to a calculated field for replacing the special character. Then, instead of the virtual field that still contains the space (your virtual field 4 I suppose), you can use this new one (the one who makes the calculations) and pass that instead. However, I don't know the overall workflow of your app.

Even so, I still hope this helps :)

- Jihyo