Hide section when virtual field not equal to Host Page

datasador

Question

Hi,

I am trying to hide a section using a virtual field so when the host page does not equal to my domain name, then hide the section. This is what I have set up in my datapage:

1) a virtual field "[@Virtual1]" which has on load receive value or parameter as "System Parameters=Host Page.

2) I added a rule with a criteria like: [@Virtual1] is not 'https://www.datasador.net/comparables/' and with an action to hide a section.

But when I open my datapage inside my WordPress page it hides the section and when opening the page outside my domain it hides the section as well.

I only want it to hide the section if I open the datapage outside of my WordPress page.

Don't know if what I am trying to achieved is possible, so if anybody has another solution which could help .

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hi @datasador,

I tried replicating your workflow on my end, but it works as expected. When I access the DataPage outside WordPress, one section will be hidden. 

For testing purposes, please try to change the Form Element of  Virtual 1 from Hidden to Display Only. This will verify the Virtual 1's value when the page loads.

In the Rules, you can also use Does Not Contain, then your domain name.

Hope this helps!

Hh, cheonsa,

Thanks for the tip,  but unfortunately it stills does not work.  I have the Virtual 1 field to display only, and did put in "Does Not Contain", let me correct my self, it does work outside of my domain and outside of my WordPress site, but inside my domain and using it on my WordPress site its hides the section as well. Is like is not recognizing that I am using it in my domain.

So my problem is that is working outside of my domain but inside is hiding as well the section.

Don't know if I am missing something else, but here is my settings like:

image.thumb.png.76dbc44ff36bec36e7d5fed021673308.png

image.thumb.png.e7c85e155bb71ecc442b390174ecbb68.png

image.thumb.png.25fc84df69bf12c131d0ec45e4d6e007.png

Thanks!

Hi, cheonsa,

Thnks for the reply, I try your suggestion but I do not have the virtual field in the field section:

image.thumb.png.e97855d0305c01244e8c9c2b3a74cb06.png

Correct me but I did think that virtual fields does not show in the condition as field names. That's why I chose the parameter in condition. 

Or maybe there is another setting I am missing for that the virtual field can appear in the condition as a field.

thanks again.

Hi, PotatoMato and cheonsa,

Thanks both for all the help in this matter, I was able to achieved what I wanted. For those who need this this is what I did:

1) I put my Virtual field as a text field.

2) than when to the Rules and apply the rule. (now the Virtual field shows in the list of the fields)

3) when back and change the Virtual field as hidden.

4) That's it, now it worked!!!

So when I open my data page outside of my domain name my sections go to hide mode and disable. And when I am inside my WordPress site it shows the sections.

thanks for all the help!!!

Hello, 

Just to give everyone a note,  the conditional forms or rules feature has a limitation on the Action side as well. The following cannot be used:

- Required fields
- Display Only fields
- Calculated Value fields
- Section with Required fields
- The same field or section already used in another Action
- Calculated Fields, CAPTCHA, and Distance Search fields
- HTML Blocks
- Hidden or smart fields (Timestamp, AutoValue, ViewIncrement)
- Static action on Password fields
- Secondary field used in multiple search criteria (such as in Date Range)