HTML blocks on Details datapage do not hide fields between them

vidierre

Question

I am trying to follow this tutorial https://www.caspio.com/tutorials/knowledge-base-application-building-app-interfaces/ in order to have into my dashboard one box with the count of some records.

I built a Details Datapage like the follow where:

• HTML Block 1 - to contain the <div> stuff AND the <table style="display:none"> tag to hide following fields
  • OP. BASE - is the Calculated field. the one referred as [@calcfield:1#] into the div
  • citta - is a field of the table. According tutorial you can choice any field you want, I picked a field that is never empty
  • HTML Block 2 - To contain the closure </table>

1322211813_Screenshot2022-11-01at20_59_18.thumb.png.5a64bbfc3e84ace349769b3519620a62.png

But when I display this data page fields between the two HTML blocks are not hidden. The preview is this:

1261082565_Screenshot2022-11-01at21_05_30.thumb.png.795cc921e082b98ca9de96876708cc00.png

What it souns strange to me is that inspecting into the page I see fields OP. BASE and citta outside the HTML <table> tag.  Anyone can see why it doesn't work like tutorial shows?

3 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, kpcollier said:

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but I use a different but similar way to hide fields with 2 HTML blocks.

First HTML block:

<div style="display: none;"><div>

Second HTML block:

</div></div>

Thanks @kpcollier it works!

I was trying to follow the tutorial, pheraps it should be updated.

4 minutes ago, vidierre said:

I was trying to follow the tutorial, pheraps it should be updated.

If I remember correctly, the way you tried previously is for datapages that do not have 'Enable Responsive' checked. We use to not have that feature, so I guess this tutorial was created before that change. I don't think the solution I shared works for pages with Responsive turned off. So, it is handy to know both of them.