Emailing a search result?

Rapid

Question

Hi again,

I have a 'Search and Result' form which brings up members details.

I want to be able to send a message from the searcher to the member, but I don't want the searcher to be able to see the members email address.

I can insert an HTML text box with a submit button, but how do I link this to the members email (the members form element is 'email')?

Regards,

Rapid

7 answers to this question

Hi,

Regarding sending out email without user being able to see the email address, this is possible to use Caspio standard features of passing parameters but a technical user could view the source of the page and with using some debuggers user could see the email hidden value, so if you would like it more secure we can develop a trigger in the backend for the emailing feature.

If you would like Caspio to build this for you please fill out a project consultation form at http://www.caspio.com/support/projectconsultation.asp

Best,

Bahar. M

In the Search/Report Datapage, enable advanced options and passing parameters checkboxes in the first wizard screen.

In the "Configure Details Page Fields" screen, select the Email field and go to Advanced tab, select pass parameter on exit and leave the name as is, then you can have a button or link in details page to link to a WebForm.

Create this Web Form and again enable advanced options and passing parameter and in the Configure Fields screen select the Email field to be hidden and select Receive Parameter in the Advanced tab, next step enable Acknowledgement email to be sent to the Email field.

This way you can send a message to the member and store the messages in a table.

Best,

Bahar M.

This doesn't work (for me at least), perhaps I am still doing something wrong.

If the email is hidden on the details page and then passed on - it renders the email field blank.

Consequently any message will not be sent under the automatic email options (associated with the email field).

If the email field is shown as text (or indeed if you allow it to be entered as a text / email field) then the message can be sent under the automatic email options - but this defeats the object which is that of anonymity.

Please can you advise?

Okay,

By using the two form solution I can maintain the itegrity of the email field in my data sheet.

The problem that I now have is linking the two forms together.

If I have the second form on a seperate web page (and I link from the details form using a html hyperlink) then I lose all of my passed parameters.

Is there a simple solution that I am missing?

UPDATE 

Below is a list of documentation to understand how Parameters work.